one focus: connecting top it leaders in retail
There’s one mission for Cathy Hotka & Associates -- to connect retail IT leaders so they can compare notes and move the industry ahead. We do this through the Retail Insiders Parties, through dinners in retail cities, through forward-looking events at visionary conferences, and through dialogue online.
Retailers participate because they make valuable new connections and get perspective they can get only from other retailers. Sponsors participate because they meet people they cannot meet elsewhere, and they can test new marketing messages.
A brief history
After working at NRF, and consulting to RILA and the Food Marketing Institute, she created the Store Operations Council, advised commercial entities and universities, and has managed hundreds of discussions with retail leaders around the country.
Cathy Hotka started the NRF CIO Council in 1996, and has been creating retail relationships ever since. Recognized as a leader in the community, she enjoys relationships with thousands of retailers and has worked with nearly every significant technology company.
Every business day, retail influencers weigh in on retail issues of the day on RetailWire. Cathy is a Braintrust Panelist.
KNOWLEDGE@WHARTON, WHARTON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Cathy serves on the Advisory Board for the Retail East and Retail West summits powered by Knowledge@Wharton. Cathy lends an industry-leading perspective to define summit topics and sign speakers for these forward-looking events.
In the news
Salesforce Commerce Cloud
May 17, 2013
December 19, 2012
ACTING ON THE VOICE OF THE CUSTOMER @ SHOPTALK
May 17, 2016
November 6, 2014
June 13, 2016
December 13, 2013
November 17, 2016
January 11, 2016
Retail Orphan Initiative
Cathy is on the Board of Advisors for the Retail Orphan Initiative, a nonprofit coalition within the retail industry that aims to raise awareness and provide real solutions for the more than 400 million vulnerable children worldwide. Retail ROI has three main objectives:
- Bring awareness to the enormous needs of orphans worldwide
- There are over 143 Million Orphans in the world, according to UNICEF.
- Encourage companies (Retailers, Vendors, Manufacturers) to create programs internally for their companies to help with the need.
- Raise Funds through the following ways to help "feet on the street" charities who are making a real difference:
- Direct donations from companies and individuals
- Making RetailROI a charity that receives matching funds from your company
- Specially marked packages of toys, cereals, and clothing for kids
- RoundUp for Orphans at the point-of-sale where consumers can round up their transactions to the nearest dollar.